BCD436HP is DEAF!

jimimaxi2@...

Hi All,

Before I end up selling my scanner I would like to know a few things. It is deaf when I am in any one of the ten  search areas  I have set up on my scanner.

Menu and then Search for...

As it is scanning it passes by freq's that I know are strong  and actually are picked up by my Kenwood HT TH-F6.

Squelch is set to 2.

The two custom searches I am particularly bothered are the FM Broadcast Band And the Air Band.

There must be some setting that I have accidentally set that is causing this. My Grecom 410 is great at picking up my local PD and NJ State Police.

Thank you in advance.

Jim

kc2rof

Joe M.

Did you enable the Broadcast Screen?

Joe M.

On 10/15/2017 12:48 AM, jimimaxi2@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

Hi All,

Before I end up selling my scanner I would like to know a few things. It
is deaf when I am in any one of the ten search areas I have set up on
my scanner.

Menu and then Search for...

As it is scanning it passes by freq's that I know are strong and
actually are picked up by my Kenwood HT TH-F6.

Squelch is set to 2.

The two custom searches I am particularly bothered are the FM Broadcast
Band And the Air Band.

There must be some setting that I have accidentally set that is causing
this. My Grecom 410 is great at picking up my local PD and NJ State Police.

Thank you in advance.

Jim

kc2rof

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

jimimaxi2@...

I didn't purposefully turn it off. I just went into Srch/CloCall Opt then Broadcast Screen and Set All Bands On.
What does this screen do?

Thanks,
Jim
kc2rof

Joe M.

It blocks those bands from triggering CC hits (screens them out).
If you want hits from those bands, turn them off.

Joe M.

On 10/16/2017 12:32 AM, jimimaxi2@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

I didn't purposefully turn it off. I just went into Srch/CloCall Opt
then Broadcast Screen and Set All Bands On.
What does this screen do?

Thanks,
Jim
kc2rof

jimimaxi2@...

Exactly. I read it in the PDF manual and understood what you meant. I don't recall ever turning them on.
I meant turning the unblocking on, not off.

Thanks a lot Joe.

Jim C
kc2rof