BC23A UNIDEN AMP. SPEAKER

bob_peloquin

Well you certainly have your volume turned way up on your post...  It's rude and poor netiquette to use all caps.

As to your question - you will have to find out for yourself what volume produces the desired output without distorting.  I'd start at 50% and work up or down depending on how it sounds.

Bob - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts)

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 12:53 PM, uphold@... [BCD436HP] <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

HOW FAR TO I TURN UP THE VOLUME ON THE 436 BEFORE THEN ADJUSTING THE BC23A SPEAKER VOLUME?

Rick S

It depends on the speakers. I am usually between 5 and 8 on the 436.  5 is a good place to start.

On Sep 25, 2017, at 10:25 AM, Bob Peloquin bob.peloquin@... [BCD436HP] <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

Well you certainly have your volume turned way up on your post...  It's rude and poor netiquette to use all caps.

As to your question - you will have to find out for yourself what volume produces the desired output without distorting.  I'd start at 50% and work up or down depending on how it sounds.

Bob - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts)

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 12:53 PM, uphold@... [BCD436HP] <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

HOW FAR TO I TURN UP THE VOLUME ON THE 436 BEFORE THEN ADJUSTING THE BC23A SPEAKER VOLUME?

Joe M.

I have a dual-pronged answer.

IF your goal is minimum current draw on the 436, turn the amp all the way up and turn up the 436 until it reaches your desired volume.

IF your goal is minimum distortion, that depends on several factors not mentioned, but I would start with the amplified speaker up around 2/3 maximum, then adjust the 436 to the desired level.

Joe M.

On 9/25/2017 5:39 PM, Rick S n7khj@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

It depends on the speakers. I am usually between 5 and 8 on the 436. 5
is a good place to start.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 25, 2017, at 10:25 AM, Bob Peloquin bob.peloquin@...
<mailto:bob.peloquin@...> [BCD436HP] <BCD436HP@...
<mailto:BCD436HP@...>> wrote:

Well you certainly have your volume turned way up on your post...
It's rude and poor netiquette to use all caps.

As to your question - you will have to find out for yourself what
volume produces the desired output without distorting. I'd start at
50% and work up or down depending on how it sounds.

Bob - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts)

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 12:53 PM, uphold@...
<mailto:uphold@...> [BCD436HP] <BCD436HP@...
<mailto:BCD436HP@...>> wrote:

__

HOW FAR TO I TURN UP THE VOLUME ON THE 436 BEFORE THEN ADJUSTING
THE BC23A SPEAKER VOLUME?

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Joe M.

P.S. On my BT transmitter, I usually found a setting of 4 on the 436 was high enough to drive the unit fully. I then adjusted the BT earbud to the desired level.

Joe M.

<mailto:BCD436HP@...>> wrote:

Well you certainly have your volume turned way up on your post...
It's rude and poor netiquette to use all caps.

As to your question - you will have to find out for yourself what
volume produces the desired output without distorting. I'd start at
50% and work up or down depending on how it sounds.

Bob - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts)

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 12:53 PM, uphold@...
<mailto:uphold@...> [BCD436HP] <BCD436HP@...
<mailto:BCD436HP@...>> wrote:

__

HOW FAR TO I TURN UP THE VOLUME ON THE 436 BEFORE THEN ADJUSTING
THE BC23A SPEAKER VOLUME?

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

------------------------------------
Posted by: MCH <mch@...>
------------------------------------

------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

---
http://www.avg.com

liszirj@...

I would like to know which Bluetooth transmitter you all are using. The speaker in my 436 sounds so muffled it is hard to understand… Thinking of going this route.

ould like to know what Bluetooth transmitter you all are using: my speaker in the 436 sounds so muffled and it

Joe M.

It's made by Jabra. I don't have it handy, but I think it is an A-120s.

It's old and discontinued, but I'm sure there are newer models around.

Joe M.

On 9/27/2017 8:24 PM, liszirj@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

I would like to know which Bluetooth transmitter you all are using. The
speaker in my 436 sounds so muffled it is hard to understand… Thinking
of going this route.

ould like to know what Bluetooth transmitter you all are using: my
speaker in the 436 sounds so muffled and it

Joe M.

BTW, here is a newer one on eBay. I can't say how this one works, or that this is the best price, but it does look thinner than mine.

<<http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-3-5mm-Bluetooth-Audio-Transmitter-A2DP-Stereo-Dongle-Adapter-for-iPod-R1C0-/331864987376?hash=item4d44b1d6f0:g:b6EAAOSwSWJXRWWi>>

Joe M.

On 9/27/2017 8:24 PM, liszirj@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

I would like to know which Bluetooth transmitter you all are using. The
speaker in my 436 sounds so muffled it is hard to understand… Thinking
of going this route.

ould like to know what Bluetooth transmitter you all are using: my
speaker in the 436 sounds so muffled and it

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Robert Zyskowski

Hi Joe,
Can the Auto Power Off feature be disabled?
Bob Zee

---- "MCH mch@... [BCD436HP]" <BCD436HP@...> wrote:

It's made by Jabra. I don't have it handy, but I think it is an A-120s.

It's old and discontinued, but I'm sure there are newer models around.

Joe M.

On 9/27/2017 8:24 PM, liszirj@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

I would like to know which Bluetooth transmitter you all are using. The
speaker in my 436 sounds so muffled it is hard to understand… Thinking
of going this route.

ould like to know what Bluetooth transmitter you all are using: my
speaker in the 436 sounds so muffled and it

John Svensson

WAL*MART has this one and several others on their dot com site  at this link:

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=bluetooth%20audio%20transmitter

BTW, here is a newer one on eBay. I can't say how this one works, or
that this is the best price, but it does look thinner than mine.

<<http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-3-5mm-Bluetooth-Audio-Transmitter-A2DP-Stereo-Dongle-Adapter-for-iPod-R1C0-/331864987376?hash=item4d44b1d6f0:g:b6EAAOSwSWJXRWWi>>

Joe M.

On 9/27/2017 8:24 PM, liszirj@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

> I would like to know which Bluetooth transmitter you all are using. The
> speaker in my 436 sounds so muffled it is hard to understand… Thinking
> of going this route.
>
> ould like to know what Bluetooth transmitter you all are using: my
> speaker in the 436 sounds so muffled and it

Joe M.

Auto Power Off on what? The only time my power goes off on the BT is when I turn it off or the battery dies. (same with the scanner)

Joe M.

On 9/28/2017 6:16 AM, bobzee99@... [BCD436HP] wrote:
Hi Joe,
Can the Auto Power Off feature be disabled?
Bob Zee

---- "MCH mch@... [BCD436HP]" <BCD436HP@...> wrote:
It's made by Jabra. I don't have it handy, but I think it is an A-120s.

It's old and discontinued, but I'm sure there are newer models around.

Joe M.

On 9/27/2017 8:24 PM, liszirj@... [BCD436HP] wrote:

I would like to know which Bluetooth transmitter you all are using. The
speaker in my 436 sounds so muffled it is hard to understand… Thinking
of going this route.

ould like to know what Bluetooth transmitter you all are using: my
speaker in the 436 sounds so muffled and it

Posted by: <bobzee99@...>

Yahoo Groups Links

---
http://www.avg.com