Battery Recommendation

Kenneth Fowler <kd4iiw@...>

I am looking for a AA battery recommendation for the 436.   Anyone have a favorite?  Brand, Power, etc.

Kenneth Fowler
KD4IIW

Joe M.

Eneloop Pro

Joe M.

On 1/20/2018 3:06 AM, Kenneth Fowler kd4iiw@yahoo.com [BCD436HP] wrote:

I am looking for a AA battery recommendation for the 436. Anyone have
a favorite? Brand, Power, etc.

Kenneth Fowler
KD4IIW

liszirj@...

I am using the Eneloop Pro's made by Panasonic. They are rechargeable Ni-MH rated 2500 mAh and last much longer than regular Duracell's, plus they are rechargeable. Pick them up on Amazon. Very Happy with them.

Jay Hyland

Kenneth;

I like the MAHA Powerex pros 1.2v at 2700mAh, and I use their charger as well.  Amazon has good prices on these.  I have used these cells in my last 3 generations of scanners  my current set is dated January 2014, and they are still working well.

http://www.mahaenergy.com/

Jay

W0GBS

I am looking for a AA battery recommendation for the 436.   Anyone have a favorite?  Brand, Power, etc.

Kenneth Fowler

KD4IIW

Dexter

On 1/20/2018 8:18 PM, jhyland@estreet.com [BCD436HP] wrote:
I like the MAHA Powerex pros 1.2v at 2700mAh, and I use their charger as well.  Amazon has good prices on these.  I have used these cells in my last 3 generations of scanners  my current set is dated January 2014, and they are still working well.

Bought a dozen of the Powerex Pros a few years ago to rotate in my SW portables.  They were OK for a while, then all started self discharging (not installed in radio) within a week of charging. Maybe things have gotten better.  Have used both Eneloops and Amazons for 2 or 3 years with no problems.

Also bought the MAHA charger at the same time; still working well, has useful discharge, charge, and cycling features, nice status readout, and good documentation.  Recommend series-connected batteries be removed from radio periodically and recharged in parallel in a charger.

Bob C.

Dewey

I have tried to like the Powerex 2700s three different times, and have always had the same results.  They work GREAT for about 6 months to a year, then just fall flat on their faces.  In 2010, I switched to the low discharge Powerex Imedions (first 2300, then 2400, now 2600), and have never looked back.  They typically give me 3 - 4 years of solid 6 - 8+ hour service life before I rotate them out of service.

Dewey