P25 Phase II Reception Problems

Terry Copeland

I am having problems receiving the Nashville Metro police and fire P25 Phase II on my BCD325P2 scanner. I think I have the scanner frequencies programmed ok because I can see the ID come up such as the South Patrol P103STHD but there is no audio or if there is audio then it is garbled. I live in South Nashville / Brentwood area right on the county line of Davidson and Williamson counties. I thought there might be something wrong with the scanner but I recently acquired a Whistler WS1088 scanner and it does the same thing. I think it may be a reception issue. Has anyone in the Group experienced the same problems and can anyone give me some help or advice to solve these problems? Thanks for any help.

Robert McCarthy

Encrypted channel?

Paul

If you look at the listings i gave you for http://www.radioreference.com/ . Look at the mode for the group your listening to, the mode is D for digital and if there is an E next to it its Encrypted.....as in scrambled so only the police can receive it and hear whats said its illegal to try and decode it so your not going to find any help...

On Friday, November 9, 2018, 8:35:23 PM EST, Robert McCarthy robert.mc@att.net [BCD325P2] <BCD325P2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Encrypted channel?

Terry Copeland

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes most of the Nashville police and fire frequencies are encrypted, however, if you look at Nashville Police Zone 1 Talk Groups, these frequencies are shown as not encrypted and these are the ones I cannot pick up. I am not asking for any help to decode any encrypted frequency but I am asking if anyone has any suggestions to improve reception such as settings changes, etc. Thanks again for your help.

Paul

Okay, sorry i can't be any more help, I'm in Elkhart, Indiana.....good luck...check the, Radio Reference, Tennessee boards for more help.

http://forums.radioreference.com/tennessee-radio-discussion-forum/

On Saturday, November 10, 2018, 12:55:02 PM EST, ccstn@hotmail.com [BCD325P2] <BCD325P2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes most of the Nashville police and fire frequencies are encrypted, however, if you look at Nashville Police Zone 1 Talk Groups, these frequencies are shown as not encrypted and these are the ones I cannot pick up. I am not asking for any help to decode any encrypted frequency but I am asking if anyone has any suggestions to improve reception such as settings changes, etc. Thanks again for your help.

Lee Ware

I was wandering if you still need help. I live in the Nashville area.

Terry Copeland

Sorry for the late response I have been out of town the last week or so. I would like very much to talk to you regarding scanner reception problems, settings, programming, etc. You can call me at 615-815-9248 or text me your number and I will call you. Thanks

Best regards
Terry