NXDN TGID's

John

Now that I got my scanner receiving NXDN traffic, Thanks MCH. I have another question.
The scanner was in the ID Search scanning mode and working good on two different Fleetcall systems.
I switched to ID Scan and nothing was heard on either location.
I checked the database listing in ProScan and found a group named All with 45 TGID's in it.
If I switch back to ID Search scanning works as it should.

The DB format matches other systems that have TGID's and work in ID Scan mode.
Am I missing something or has anyone else come across this?

I am limited in the NXDN systems I can receive and they are all Fleetcall systems/sites so I can't test any different system.

Thanks
John

Joe M.

It sounds like the Group those TGs are in has a Quick
Key that is disabled or the Group is locked out.

If it's working in ID SEARCH there is
nothing wrong with the system programming.

Joe M.

On 4/8/2019 8:51 PM, pcusa@comcast.net [BCD325P2] wrote:
Now that I got my scanner receiving NXDN traffic, Thanks MCH. I have
another question.
The scanner was in the ID Search scanning mode and working good on two
different Fleetcall systems.
I switched to ID Scan and nothing was heard on either location.
I checked the database listing in ProScan and found a group named All
with 45 TGID's in it.
If I switch back to ID Search scanning works as it should.

The DB format matches other systems that have TGID's and work in ID Scan
mode.
Am I missing something or has anyone else come across this?

I am limited in the NXDN systems I can receive and they are all
Fleetcall systems/sites so I can't test any different system.

Thanks
John

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

John

I just checked that but I had no quick key for that group and it was unlocked so it should have worked.

However while I was in there checking I went to Edit Channel and guess what, no TGID's listed at all! I deleted the system, imported it again and still no TGID's in the All group.
I then manually added a TGID to the group using an ID I knew was active on the site. Now when in ID Scan that one TGID will stop the scanning correctly and show the name I added.

So it looks like it is a ProScan issue of adding the group but not uploading the actual TGID's.
They do appear in the ProScan database system listing.
They seem to be formatted the same as other System TGID's so I'm assuming that the Radio Reference database is not at fault.

I will next try deleting and then manually inputting a TGID back into the ProScan DB and uploading to the scanner again. My thought is, if that one TGID uploads to the the All group and scans correctly it could be a RR problem. If it does not upload then it is likely a ProScan problem.

Or am I overthinking this. 😁

John

Joe M.

Or it could have been a fluke. Regardless,
I'm glad you know what the issue is.

Joe M.

On 4/9/2019 10:54 AM, pcusa@comcast.net [BCD325P2] wrote:
[...]

Just a quick follow up on this issue. Turns out it was somewhat my problem.
I tried to import a different type of system from RR that was on the scanner already as a test. Again the TGID's did not import into the scanner.

I had a bunch of old systems I no longer used on the scanner. After I  deleted a few old systems I was able to import the NXDN system as well as other systems and have the TGID's import properly.
I know there are maximum limits for groups and some other things but I couldn't find any info about max TGID's.
Unless they are counted under a different maximum limit.

All is working good now though.

Thanks,
John

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​