NXDN Comes to BCD325P2 and BCD996P2

Richard Heightchew

NXDN Comes to BCD325P2 and BCD996P2 Wednesday at 2:41 PM
#1 https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/nxdn-comes-to-bcd325p2-and-bcd996p2.386105/post-3100329
And a bunch of other fixes and enhancements, too. Version 1.08.00 for both the BCD325P2 and BCD996P2 was just released. This update adds the following major features and enhancements: Support for NXDN systems through a paid upgrade Support P25 patch ID Support EA EDACS patch ID Improved the decoding for DMR RAS Support Late Entry Opcode of DMR CapMax Modified the decoding for P25 Phase 2 Changed the operations for encryption Improved the clarity of digital voice Fixed muting issues on analog channels including trunking systems Everyone should take advantage of this update, even if you do not want to purchase the NXDN upgrade.

For those who do want that upgrade, to get it, register your scanner at myUniden - Customer Product Registration and Support Area and click the link that will appear under your product model.

n1chu@...

Im so used to the newer Sentinel method of updating firmware, Ive lost the "how to" on doing it for the BCD325P2. I cant even find the file containing the firmware... Dont know what im missing. Can anyone help

n1chu@...

Well, I got as far as specifying the BCD325P2 in the loader program and started the download and install. But it gets going only to stop and tell me its failing... So much for that. Time to put it aside. Will try it again tomorrow.

Michael Champion Sr

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD325P2FirmwareUpdate

-Michael

Im so used to the newer Sentinel method of updating firmware, Ive lost the "how to" on doing it for the BCD325P2. I cant even find the file containing the firmware... Dont know what im missing. Can anyone help

Joe M.

Make sure you autodetect the scanner. (even if you know the port)

Joe M.

On 4/1/2019 12:11 PM, n1chu@comcast.net [BCD325P2] wrote:
Well, I got as far as specifying the BCD325P2 in the loader program and
started the download and install. But it gets going only to stop and
tell me its failing... So much for that. Time to put it aside. Will try
it again tomorrow.

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Bill Nolan <n1chu@...>

That’s not it... tried it both ways numerous times. I learned it’s a 32 bit program and I have a 64 bit machine... but it’s worked in the past. There is a note about making sure a driver is resident which I haven’t explored as yet...

On Apr 1, 2019, at 12:41 PM, MCH mch@nb.net [BCD325P2] <BCD325P2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Make sure you autodetect the scanner. (even if you know the port)

Joe M.

On 4/1/2019 12:11 PM, n1chu@comcast.net [BCD325P2] wrote:
Well, I got as far as specifying the BCD325P2 in the loader program and
started the download and install. But it gets going only to stop and
tell me its failing... So much for that. Time to put it aside. Will try
it again tomorrow.

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

n1chu@...

Tried to update again this morning with no success. For some reason the port is not being detected when I use the auto button and displays a message telling me to try again. I’ve nanually assigned the port too. Also with no luck. I’ve gone into Device Manager and checked the ports. It listed port 7 as the Uniden port and I’ve looked at the driver for Uniden and it says I’m using the correct driver. Since I’ve used the updater before and don’t believe a newer driver has been developed since then, I think the driver should be current. But I will search for and re-install the Uniden driver-mostly because I’ve run out of ideas to try! And help is appreciated.

n1chu@...

Is the USB-1 cable the only programming cable used by Uniden? Is the cable marked USB-1?

I’m not having any luck opdating my BCD325P2, getting an error message the radio has no connection to the computer. It advises I check the comm port. It shows up in Device Manager on my Windows 10 laptop as a Uniden and lists the port with no error messages-the general tab says all is working, but the scanner still does not update. I suspect the updater gets the FW and downloads it to the computer but when it’s time to install it in the radio it fails, stating no connection between computer and radio,suggesting checking comm port and appropriate USB driver. I’m going to re-download the recommended driver from Uniden’s Paul Opitz’s TWiki site and re-instal it. I guess Windows 10 does not have this driver resident within the OS...

Joe M.

The USB-1 has the wrong connector. The 325P2 has a USB connector
on the side and takes a standard USB to USB Mini cable.

The USB-1 is for older models such as the 396 series
and has a semi-proprietary connector on the scanner end.

Joe M.

On 4/3/2019 6:15 AM, n1chu@comcast.net [BCD325P2] wrote:
[...]

WILLIAM NOLAN <n1chu@...>

Ok, thanks. That takes care of my questioning if I am using the right cable. Im going to check to see if the USB-1 cable and my BCD396XT function with the Uniden updater if I continue having problems with the 325 and the standard USB cable, just to see what results I get...

On April 3, 2019 at 7:23 AM "MCH mch@nb.net [BCD325P2]" <BCD325P2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

The USB-1 has the wrong connector. The 325P2 has a USB connector
on the side and takes a standard USB to USB Mini cable.

The USB-1 is for older models such as the 396 series
and has a semi-proprietary connector on the scanner end.

Joe M.

On 4/3/2019 6:15 AM, n1chu@comcast.net [BCD325P2] wrote:
> Is the USB-1 cable the only programming cable used by Uniden? Is the
> cable marked USB-1?
>
> I’m not having any luck opdating my BCD325P2, getting an error message
> the radio has no connection to the computer. It advises I check the comm
> port. It shows up in Device Manager on my Windows 10 laptop as a Uniden
> and lists the port with no error messages-the general tab says all is
> working, but the scanner still does not update. I suspect the updater
> gets the FW and downloads it to the computer but when it’s time to
> install it in the radio it fails, stating no connection between computer
> and radio,suggesting checking comm port and appropriate USB driver. I’m
> going to re-download the recommended driver from Uniden’s Paul Opitz’s
> TWiki site and re-instal it. I guess Windows 10 does not have this
> driver resident within the OS...

Bill Nolan <n1chu@...>

I’ve about given up. Nothing is helping. Updating the Uniden USB driver allowed the updater program to recognize the correct port when hitting “Auto”. But it still failed with the same no connection message and then reverted back to not recognizing the port when hitting Auto. Time to try a different computer!

On Apr 3, 2019, at 7:45 AM, WILLIAM NOLAN n1chu@comcast.net [BCD325P2] <BCD325P2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

John Rock

Did you install the usb driver?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Yep. Sounds like there is a driver issue with that one.

Joe M.

On 4/3/2019 9:05 AM, Bill Nolan n1chu@comcast.net [BCD325P2] wrote:
I’ve about given up. Nothing is helping. Updating the Uniden USB driver
allowed the updater program to recognize the correct port when hitting
“Auto”. But it still failed with the same no connection message and then
reverted back to not recognizing the port when hitting Auto. Time to try
a different computer!

On Apr 3, 2019, at 7:45 AM, WILLIAM NOLAN n1chu@comcast.net [BCD325P2]
<BCD325P2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Ok, thanks. That takes care of my questioning if I am using the right
cable.. Im going to check to see if the USB-1 cable and my BCD396XT
function with the Uniden updater if I continue having problems with the
325 and the standard USB cable, just to see what results I get...

> On April 3, 2019 at 7:23 AM "MCH mch@nb.net [BCD325P2]"
<BCD325P2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

> The USB-1 has the wrong connector. The 325P2 has a USB connector
> on the side and takes a standard USB to USB Mini cable.
>
> The USB-1 is for older models such as the 396 series
> and has a semi-proprietary connector on the scanner end.
>
> Joe M.
>
> On 4/3/2019 6:15 AM, n1chu@comcast.net [BCD325P2] wrote:
> > Is the USB-1 cable the only programming cable used by Uniden? Is the
> > cable marked USB-1?
> >
> > I’m not having any luck opdating my BCD325P2, getting an error message
> > the radio has no connection to the computer. It advises I check the
comm
> > port. It shows up in Device Manager on my Windows 10 laptop as a Uniden
> > and lists the port with no error messages-the general tab says all is
> > working, but the scanner still does not update. I suspect the updater
> > gets the FW and downloads it to the computer but when it’s time to
> > install it in the radio it fails, stating no connection between
computer
> > and radio,suggesting checking comm port and appropriate USB driver. I’m
> > going to re-download the recommended driver from Uniden’s Paul Opitz’s
> > TWiki site and re-instal it. I guess Windows 10 does not have this
> > driver resident within the OS...

Bill Nolan <n1chu@...>

Successfully updated the firmware using a different computer. (I’ve been looking for an excuse to get a new laptop. Instead of hunting down the problem I think it’s time to check out a new one!)