gps unit

Joe M.

Uniden BC-GPSK?

I use the above, several from Byonics,
and one other I can't recall the name.

Whatever you get you will likely need the adapter that goes to Mini USB.

Scanner Master should have everything you need.

Joe M.

On 6/5/2019 3:50 PM, dlohpu@yahoo.com [BCD325P2] wrote:
can someone recommend a gps unit for the 325p2?

Joe M.

Yes, but the interface cable will be different.

Again, Scanner Master should have that.

Joe

On 6/5/2019 6:16 PM, dlohpu@yahoo.com [BCD325P2] wrote:
great that's the one ill get.will it work for the 436/536 also?

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Paul Haskins

If you think the GPS is going to program your 325 , you are terribly mistaken.

First - there is no built-in database in the 325, 2nd, there is no LOCATION setting in the 325.
The HP types have this feature - the 325 you must program everything.
All that a GPS does is send location data to the scanner.  You must have location enabled programming in the scanner.

On Thursday, June 6, 2019, 6:27:58 AM EDT, dlohpu@yahoo.com [BCD325P2] <BCD325P2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

so in theory I could hook the gps up to 12v power source at home,place the puck outside,add my location or any location of my choice & find systems & program it that way? never owned a gps device yet.

Joe M.

You would not add any location - the
location info would be derived from the GPS.

In the case of the 325, your systems would
have to be programmed with location info.

Joe M.