comm port

Joe M.

Look in Device Manager.

Also make sure you have the unit turned on.

Joe M.

On 6/6/2019 9:04 PM, dlohpu@yahoo.com [BCD325P2] wrote:
got everthing downloaded.but cant find the comm port !! help

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Bill Nolan <n1chu@...>

If you are no all that computer savvy, you can allow someone who is, to check and see if there’s a driver you might need to get your computer to see the com port. It can be done remotely also. You give permission to the guy to access your computer over the internet. Of course it first must be said you trust whoever it is that you’ve given that permission to.

On Jun 7, 2019, at 4:47 AM, dlohpu@yahoo.com [BCD325P2] <BCD325P2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

unit is on.however in device manager I see 16 listed items,nothing about comm ports. windows 7.

Joe M.

I'm trying to recall if the driver has to be installed for only serial comms or for any connection. I can't recall offhand, but that may be the issue.

BTW the Uniden page is back up. That has the driver link.

<<http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD325P2>>

Joe M.

On 6/7/2019 4:47 AM, dlohpu@yahoo.com [BCD325P2] wrote:
unit is on.however in device manager I see 16 listed items,nothing about
comm ports. windows 7.

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Joe M.

BTW, I think I cited that page as having the BC_VUP update program. That program is actually here:

<<http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/BCD325P2FirmwareUpdate|>>

Joe M.

On 6/7/2019 9:11 AM, MCH mch@nb.net [BCD325P2] wrote:
I'm trying to recall if the driver has to be installed for only serial
comms or for any connection. I can't recall offhand, but that may be the
issue.

BTW the Uniden page is back up. That has the driver link.

<<http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD325P2>>

Joe M.

On 6/7/2019 4:47 AM, dlohpu@yahoo.com [BCD325P2] wrote:
unit is on.however in device manager I see 16 listed items,nothing about
comm ports. windows 7.

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

Yahoo Groups Links

---
https://www.avg.com

Joe M.

Did you install the driver?

Joe M.

On 6/7/2019 12:59 PM, dlohpu@yahoo.com [BCD325P2] wrote:
I just cant get a comm port.been all over this computer.got everthng
downloaded for the radio.keeps saying I need a com port.no comm ports in
device manger. everything works fine till I click ''next'' then no comm
port message

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Joe M.

Is the PC making a sound when you plug the scanner in?

Joe M.

Pete De Vasto

At the risk of multiple repeats of the same thing, I wanted to chime in here because I’m not having any difficulties getting to my 325 either to program or to use virtual control. In order to get my PC to recognize my 325 the first time, I had to do the following steps, in order listed:

1) Install the drivers from Uniden;
2. Plug the scanner into my Pc *AFTER* starting Windows, AND THEN FINALLY
3. Turn the scanner on. If the drivers are loaded, that’s the point where you should hear a sound from Windows indicating a successful connection.

I don’t know what software you’re trying to use, but I use Freescan, because I happen to be blind and that program is the only one that works well with my special software. When I tried to download from scanner the first time after doing the above including making sure the scanner was turned on, I got a list of the available com ports, in my case only a couple, and it was easy enough to find the right one and get going. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve all of a sudden not been able to see the scanner because it was connected BEFORE Windows started. Unplugging, then plugging back in, solved the issue. I’m actually doing some tweaking to mine as I write this.

Thanks, and apologies again for repeating stuff, but maybe it’ll help. I hope so.
Pete De Vasto

On Jun 7, 2019, at 10:19 AM, dlohpu@yahoo.com [BCD325P2] <BCD325P2@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

no

Joe M.

Assuming 'no' means there is no sound when you plug it in, check the cable. The scanner is on, right? Also double-check the driver - make sure it's the one from the link I posted.

Joe M.

On 6/7/2019 1:19 PM, dlohpu@yahoo.com [BCD325P2] wrote:
no

Joe M.

Yes - if the 325 is not plugged in, the port will not show.

Regarding the driver anomaly, remove it and reinstall from the link I provided.

Joe M.

On 6/7/2019 1:51 PM, dlohpu@yahoo.com [BCD325P2] wrote:
ok ready for this ?; I have to hav the 325 pluged into the pc .when I
got to my ;;devices & printers'' a 996p2 icon shows up.when I right
click it shows trouble shooting & says driver for the 436 port is not
installed.whe I try the fix it then says 436 serial port doesn't hav a
driver. im taking a nap.! chk back later.however progress has been made.

Joe M.

Don't use "various links" - use the ones I posted at uniden.com

Joe M.

Joe M.

The 436 serial driver and the 325p2 driver are one in the same.

When 436 showed in Device Manager, the scanner should have worked.

Joe M.

On 6/7/2019 6:21 PM, dlohpu@yahoo.com [BCD325P2] wrote:
thanks guys.ill remove everything & start over.one other note,when I got
the scanner on & plugged in ,436 port will pop up in device manager.but
then again no driver.

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Joe M.

On 6/7/2019 6:32 PM, dlohpu@yahoo.com [BCD325P2] wrote:
this link ?

Joe M.

That driver is one in the same as well.

But perhaps that driver is corrupt.

Joe M.

On 6/7/2019 7:15 PM, dlohpu@yahoo.com [BCD325P2] wrote:
in device manager it shows bcd 996p2 when 325 is plugged in & turned
on.then it says cannot locate driver

Joe M.

I don't think so, but it's been a while since I set one up.
(I have one as the data scanner on a local TRS)

Joe M.

On 6/7/2019 7:29 PM, dlohpu@yahoo.com [BCD325P2] wrote:
is there any settings in the scanner that needs looked at?

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Joe M.

I don't know, but point it to the Uniden driver you downloaded.

Joe M.

On 6/8/2019 4:13 AM, dlohpu@yahoo.com [BCD325P2] wrote:
why does it show the 996p2 in device mananger then when I go to update
driver it says it cant be found online? that's when I plug the 325 into
the pc & turn it on.

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Joe M.

I posted the link twice.

Joe M.

On 6/8/2019 7:24 AM, dlohpu@yahoo.com [BCD325P2] wrote:
I uninstalled it.is there a safe download?

Joe M.

Click on these then bookmark them. Or mark the
email some way to know how to find it again.

Firmware update:
<<http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/BCD325P2FirmwareUpdate|>>

Driver: