problem with arc898 free software and scanner

Otis Dempsey

Purchased bc898t scanner.  Downloaded arc898 trial software.  Have had no problems with arc898 with frequencies etc. downloaded from RR.  Purchased rs232 9m to 9f.  Set scanner to rmt, baud 19200.  Set software to 19200.  Software will not auto detect.  Have tried several different coms still will not working.   I'm using an xp computer with serial port.  USB converter would not work with windows 8 so using older computer.
What am I doing wrong or why isn't it working?
thanks for all of you help and support.  I'm new at this computer to scanner way.

Andre Beaulieu

Try with a lower baud rate, sometimes it fix the problem.

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 10:37 PM, Otis Dempsey shad_rack2@... [BC898T] <BC898T@...> wrote:

Purchased bc898t scanner.  Downloaded arc898 trial software.  Have had no problems with arc898 with frequencies etc. downloaded from RR.  Purchased rs232 9m to 9f.  Set scanner to rmt, baud 19200.  Set software to 19200.  Software will not auto detect.  Have tried several different coms still will not working.   I'm using an xp computer with serial port.  USB converter would not work with windows 8 so using older computer.
What am I doing wrong or why isn't it working?
thanks for all of you help and support.  I'm new at this computer to scanner way.

scan356

Open ARC898 and select BC898T on the top toolbar and then select Rs232 Communication Setup. Read the instructions at the bottom of the window and check that your radio is set up correctly. Then select AutoDetect. ARC898 should find the correct Comport and baud rate to communicate with the radio.

If AutoDetect fails, check your serial cable and be sure ii is not faulty or not plugged in fully. You can also find the Comport number by using Device Manager in your computer. Then you can manually set the Comport and baud rate in ARC898.

Wayne S

If u have an ebay special usb 2 serial adapter that uses counterfeit chips the drivers will not work fromprolific they now verify chipsets cause of all the china counterfeit chips mostly sold on ebay.