Looking to buy a Uniden BC898T

Fred Chase

I believe there are currently some for sale on eBay.

Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2018 8:50 PM
Subject: [BC898T] Looking to buy a Uniden BC898T

Hi BC898T Members,

My friend's Dad's is a Vietnam Vet in his 70's and loves listening to his scanner everyday. His Uniden BC898T clunked out after many, many years of 24/7 use. He doesn't want a new digital desktop scanner, can't use SDR cause he doesn't like computers and he really wants the same old Uniden model he knows and loves. I know its an old scanner an not really "modern" from what I read about the new DMR & P25 Phase 1-2 in the new radios etc.

If a BC898T group member has one in their shelf they aren't using and would like to see go to a new home where it will be appreciated and used everyday.

Thanks for indulging my request on behalf of a friendly VV and avid scanner-listener.
Louie

Howie

What do you mean it conked out?

Does it light up when turned on?