From: "buckshot721@... [BC898T]" <BC898T@...>
Date:12/11/2016 11:00 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: BC898T@...
Subject: [BC898T] Laptop can't see 898t

I tried to hook up my 898t today to my laptop, running windows 7. Now about a year ago I had it hooked up to the laptop (butel software) and it worked great. Today not so good, when it try to connect to the scanner it will not see it every time.  When it does see the scanner I try to read data from the scanner I get  "crlf timed out check baudrate or comm" I used the same cable and the same usb to serial plug that worked before. I can see the usb to serial device in the device manager and its working properly.  I seen on the software package that for Windows 98/me/xp/2000. But I had it working before, the only thing I can figure out is an update changed some thing on me. Any ideas?
                 Thanks  N8TNJ

screenersamb@...

try a different USB port.
make sure LINE/RMT is set properly
check baud rate

I have one computer that won't take it no matter what I do.