Squelch mod

radio

I remember hearing about a mod to the squelch tail on the 895. Does anyone have any info on this? I kinda like the way it is when listening to simplex comm's but it drives the wife crazy and therefore I suffer from the trickle down effect ;)

J.

"Just watch me." Pierre Elliot Trudeau 1970

ka2mek <ka2mek@...>

--- In BC895XLT@y..., <radio@s...> wrote:
I remember hearing about a mod to the squelch tail on the 895. Does
anyone have any info on this? I kinda like the way it is when
listening to simplex comm's but it drives the wife crazy and
therefore I suffer from the trickle down effect ;)

J.

"Just watch me." Pierre Elliot Trudeau 1970

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed
Hi
You will find the MOD here.............

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/image/photo/mod_bp1.gif

ENJOY :-)

ka3jjz <ka3jjz@...>

Actually the GIF that he's talking about is only part of the story;
there's a somewhat technical description of the mod on the Strong
Signals mods page. I've added both the schematic and the link for the
mods page to our links section. If you're somewhat technically
inclined, I'd make sure to read both before proceeding.

73s Mike
I remember hearing about a mod to the squelch tail on the 895.
Does
anyone have any info on this? I kinda like the way it is when
listening to simplex comm's but it drives the wife crazy and
therefore I suffer from the trickle down effect ;)

J.

"Just watch me." Pierre Elliot Trudeau 1970

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed
Hi
You will find the MOD here.............

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/image/photo/mod_bp1.gif

ENJOY :-)

radio

KA2MEK and Mike, thanks!.

J.

"Just watch me." Pierre Elliot Trudeau 1970

Actually the GIF that he's talking about is only part of the story;
there's a somewhat technical description of the mod on the Strong
Signals mods page. I've added both the schematic and the link for the
mods page to our links section. If you're somewhat technically
inclined, I'd make sure to read both before proceeding.

73s Mike

Yarek <yarek11@...>

This is very easy modification.. I did it ! Works excellent ! Thanks a lot, !

> I remember hearing about a mod to the squelch tail on the 895. Does
anyone have any info on this? I kinda like the way it is when
listening to simplex comm's but it drives the wife crazy and
therefore I suffer from the trickle down effect ;)

> J.
>
> "Just watch me." Pierre Elliot Trudeau 1970
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed

Hi
You will find the MOD here.............

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/image/photo/mod_bp1.gif

ENJOY :-)

Curt Mann - Denver CO <fco-1@...>

Sometimes programming the correct PL/CTCSS tone will
help reduce or eliminate the squelch tail. And
sometimes it won't. Good luck.

Curt
--- ka2mek <ka2mek@yahoo.com> wrote:
--- In BC895XLT@y..., <radio@s...> wrote:
I remember hearing about a mod to the squelch tail
on the 895. Does
anyone have any info on this? I kinda like the way
it is when
listening to simplex comm's but it drives the wife
crazy and
therefore I suffer from the trickle down effect ;)

J.
Hi
You will find the MOD here.............

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/image/photo/mod_bp1.gif

=====

Curt Mann/N0GTG Amateur Radio | Denver, Colo. n0gtg@juno.com (xRCMA CO-065)

for Colo. freq's: http://www.scancolorado.com or http://www.radiohacker.com

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Jeff DeVerna

I see that the strongsignals site no longer is active. Is there anywhere else to find photos and instructions for this mod?

Rich Arland <k7sz@...>

Unfamiliar with this mod. Got any details? Have you looked over the files section of this list? Just curious. I have two of the 895s and use Black Bag software (if memory serves) and it works great for general "find out what's out there" and "what's going on in the neighborhood" type scanning.

Lemme know on the squelch mod, please.

Vy 73 es gud DX!

Rich Arland   K7SZ   WPE7BYR
Radio/electronics archaeologist
Author: The ARRL's Low Power Communications
Bent Dipole Ranch, Dacula, GA

Bruce Holmen

If you are looking for the mod to shorten the squelch tail, I can send it to you.

I can no longer access yahoogroups to view or upload files.

~Bruce

Author: The ARRL's Low Power Communications
Bent Dipole Ranch, Dacula, GA

Joe M.

Can you email it to me?

mch at nb dot net

Thanks,
Joe M.

On Sat, Jan 26, 2019 at 7:02 PM Rich Arland k7sz@live.com
<mailto:k7sz@live.com> [BC895XLT] <BC895XLT@yahoogroups.com

*Author: The ARRL's Low Power Communications*
**Bent Dipole Ranch, Dacula, GA**
**http://commobunker.blogspot.com/
*

*

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Jeff DeVerna

Thanks for the come back. I’m all set now. Got a schematic of the mod (don’t need it now though). And thanks to all that responded.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Author: The ARRL's Low Power Communications
Bent Dipole Ranch, Dacula, GA
http://commobunker.blogspot.com/

Jeff DeVerna

The files were extremely helpful. Thanks again. I remember years ago seeing the photos as well.

Author: The ARRL's Low Power Communications
Bent Dipole Ranch, Dacula, GA
http://commobunker.blogspot.com/

ve9xyz

please post here in files section Jeff - Strong Signals site seems inoperative at this end to us.

thanks

Kevin