Software

Eric Bishop

Greetings,
Try using Chirp:

I use this for various HAM radios I have and it might work with the BC985XLT.  Where can I find instructions to build a cable from radio to USB?
Thanks,
Eric

ve9xyz

Eric there are good diagrams on this NG and the other BC895 NG in the files section and it works fine for me. (also a YouTube video that shows how to build one out of a CDRom audio cable).

I'd have chosen CHIRP as my most familiar software but I don't see Uniden or bearcat in the drop-down list when reading from the radio so I presume it's not supported. Others may know a trick but not me - pity.

Kevin
VE9XYZ