Hello Letter!

Nathan Zittle

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, Just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi! My name is Nathan but I like being called Nate! I am 14 and live in the town of Hebron, Maryland. I am a Cadet/Junior for the Hebron Volunteer Fire Department. I just got our old House Scanner and it is in my room, I do have an Antenna Attachment and I have Wicomico, Worcester, Dorchester, and Sussex Counties on it! I was wondering what all I can pick up with this like Maryland State Police, County Sheriff, Etc. I look forward to talking with you guys!

Eric Bishop

Hey Nate!
Welcome to the VERY SLEEPY BC895XLT group... not a lot happing on this group... as a former volunteer fireman from Yakima County, WA - CONGRATS!!!  I celebrate your commitment!!!  Just wanted to let you know this is a very quiet "channel" and your requests for info for Maryland would be better served searching more localized areas including counties, etc.  I've been involved with scanning for over 4 decades - and am now a ham radio operator.  Search for local freq's via the internet; and then consult antenna construction for those frequencies - most public service freqs are now on the 800mhz band and are trunked.  This requires knowledge of how to program the 895 for trunking - again, consult YouTube videos and the rest of the web on how to best do this.  (I'm fairly clueless on this... and need to learn as well)  Having been involved with search and rescue, my primary concern is with "our' freqs… and with the civil air patrol (which I instructed new volunteer pilots as a commercial pilot who has volunteered with the search and rescue here in WA).  Be patient.  Search other resources, as many as you can find for your area.
Best of luck scanning!  And thank you for your volunteerism!!!
Cheers,
Eric

On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 9:29 PM Natezittle@... [BC895XLT] <BC895XLT@...> wrote:

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, Just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi! My name is Nathan but I like being called Nate! I am 14 and live in the town of Hebron, Maryland. I am a Cadet/Junior for the Hebron Volunteer Fire Department. I just got our old House Scanner and it is in my room, I do have an Antenna Attachment and I have Wicomico, Worcester, Dorchester, and Sussex Counties on it! I was wondering what all I can pick up with this like Maryland State Police, County Sheriff, Etc. I look forward to talking with you guys!

AE5SB

Hello Nate and Welcome
for you freqs try this link
I also have an 895 along with many others
good luck
David - AE5SB

Diane and Dan

Hello Nate and welcome to the world of scanning. I've been 'monitoring' since long before there were scanners. lol Go to radioreference.com and you will find all the information for your area that you could possibly want. Although most public safety stuff is going or has already gone digital and encrypted the 895 is still a good one for railroads, aircraft and on and on. Enjoy the fun world of scanning!

On Sunday, September 1, 2019, 12:29:56 AM EDT, Natezittle@... [BC895XLT] wrote:

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, Just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi! My name is Nathan but I like being called Nate! I am 14 and live in the town of Hebron, Maryland. I am a Cadet/Junior for the Hebron Volunteer Fire Department. I just got our old House Scanner and it is in my room, I do have an Antenna Attachment and I have Wicomico, Worcester, Dorchester, and Sussex Counties on it! I was wondering what all I can pick up with this like Maryland State Police, County Sheriff, Etc. I look forward to talking with you guys!

Rankin iPad <mshmc5@...>

Hi,
Go to Radioreference.com and look in the database for your state and city to see if they are digital or analog. If you tell us which scanner you have it would make it easier to help you.

Mike

On Aug 31, 2019, at 3:23 PM, Natezittle@... [BC895XLT] <BC895XLT@...> wrote:

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, Just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi! My name is Nathan but I like being called Nate! I am 14 and live in the town of Hebron, Maryland. I am a Cadet/Junior for the Hebron Volunteer Fire Department. I just got our old House Scanner and it is in my room, I do have an Antenna Attachment and I have Wicomico, Worcester, Dorchester, and Sussex Counties on it! I was wondering what all I can pick up with this like Maryland State Police, County Sheriff, Etc. I look forward to talking with you guys!

Alan

Hi Nate,
I agree, so to Radio Reference for those answers. Look up your State and then go to the locals section. There are explanations' of the systems in use.

Alan