From: BC796D@... [mailto:BC796D@...] On Behalf Of ljpolt@...
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2013 1:35 PM
To: BC796D@...
Subject: [BC796D] USB to Serial converter

Having just acquired a 796D, having little experience in trunk programming,  I need to install Uniden firmware and rebanding, and connect programming software. I have a Windows 7 64 bit laptop, USB connector only. I know there has been some earlier discussion on recommended converters. What is the prevailing thought as to currently available converter cables, chip and driver. Thank you.

Les Polt

Baltimore, MD

No virus found in this message.

Jim G

With WinXP SP3 32 bit, I have used both the Belkin F5U109 and the Tripp-Lite Keyspan USA-19HS without any problems at all.
I don't know any reason they wouldn't work just fine with Win 7 64 bit.

Jim G.
Georgia USA