USB to R232 cable

srgtch2004

How do I go about getting this cable to work on a PC with windows 8? I have download the driver for cable but still can't get to work. Any help is appreciated.

w7np@...

My USB adapter was working and then stopped.  I read online that Microsoft came out with an update to Windows 8 that removed support for Prolific brand chips.  I purchased a unit with FTDI chips and it works fine.

---In BC796D@..., <bc796d@...> wrote:

How do I go about getting this cable to work on a PC with windows 8? I have download the driver for cable but still can't get to work. Any help is appreciated.

srgtch2004

Purchased a cable with a cable FTDI chipset and works! Thanks for the help.