(unknown)

Joe M.

Are you sure they switched to Phase II and didn't simply reband?

The 296D does not support P25 Phase II. In fact, no Uniden scanner supports it yet.

Joe M.

daryl_bronzeill wrote:

So I live in Philadelphia, pa they just switched radio frequencies to project 25 phase 2.

d2toma <d2toma@...>

might want to call a bearcat tech cause i had problems with phase 1 here in this county where i need to use a 6.25 spacing and he said the bc296d wont wont on that project so now it looks like il have to buy a new radio.he did recommend the bc396t so looks like that what il be buying next unless i hear otherwise.

daryl_bronzeill wrote:
So I live in Philadelphia, pa they just switched radio frequencies to project 25 phase 2.

Joe M.

What is it you need at 6.25 kHz? Is it the actual frequency or the channel spacing in the trunking tables? The 296D should do the latter, as that is standard on all 700/800 MHz P25 systems.

Joe M.

daryl_bronzeill wrote:
So I live in Philadelphia, pa they just switched radio frequencies to project 25 phase 2.

First NameTom Mason <d2toma@...>

its a base frequecy of 161.0 and the spacing is 6.25 with an offset of 4095.the tech tried it him self and it wouldnt work.believe me i was bummed.i even asked if there was some way to update the data card but he said no.

daryl_bronzeill wrote:
So I live in Philadelphia, pa they just switched radio frequencies to project 25 phase 2.

Joe M.

I can see how that might be the case on VHF. Unfortunately, I don't have a 296 to try it myself. Not saying the tech was wrong - just would like to see it for myself (and I'm not even from Minnesota).

Joe M.

daryl_bronzeill wrote:
So I live in Philadelphia, pa they just switched radio frequencies to project 25 phase 2.

First NameTom Mason <d2toma@...>

i tryied so many times before i called the tech.i hope you get the oppertunity to try it yourself.and of course it would have to be the most important freguency in this county.thats why i bought this radio for years ago so i would be ready for the changover.

daryl_bronzeill wrote:
So I live in Philadelphia, pa they just switched radio frequencies to project 25 phase 2.

Joe M.

Which system is this? What state, county, and system name?

Joe M.

daryl_bronzeill wrote:
So I live in Philadelphia, pa they just switched radio frequencies to project 25 phase 2.

First NameTom Mason <d2toma@...>

its the apco 25 project 25 phase 1 here in placer county in california

daryl_bronzeill wrote:
So I live in Philadelphia, pa they just switched radio frequencies to project 25 phase 2.

daryl_bronzeill

Well to the person that said no scanner can monitor it is not true. I have a bcd996t and 2 grecoms sum of my friends has the newer radio shacks. It's not that a cant here we figured it out

daryl_bronzeill

I just don't wanna thrown them away or sell them then I have to get new ones to replace them.

davidmc36

Can't monitor what? What were you replying to?

--- In BC296D@..., Daryl Bronzeill wrote:

Well to the person that said no scanner can monitor it is not true. I have a bcd996t and 2 grecoms sum of my friends has the newer radio shacks. It's not that a cant here we figured it out

bocablackbelt@...

Uniden HP 2 as well as X436 and 536 do track the phase 2

Tom Mason

how about the BCD396XT.

Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2015 12:12 PM
Subject: Re: [BC296D] (unknown)

Uniden HP 2 as well as X436 and 536 do track the phase 2

Joe M.

Nope

Joe M.

how about the BCD396XT.

Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2015 12:12 PM

Uniden HP 2 as well as X436 and 536 do track the phase 2

Tom Mason

maybe next spring you can recommend me a new scanner.just bought this bcd396xt a few years ago.

Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2015 6:29 PM

Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2015 12:12 PM

Uniden HP 2 as well as X436 and 536 do track the phase 2