From: "kb7ado" <kb7ado@...>
To: <BC796D@...>
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2013 2:15 PM
Subject: [BC796D] Uniden Firmware Update Info Links Not Working

I'm getting another BC796D next week and have been reviewing messages about firmware updating. I have seen the following links mentioned in various posts but can't get either of them to successfully load in my browser.

http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/BC796DFirmwareUpdate
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BC796DFirmwareUpdate

Does this mean they've been removed by Uniden? Is there a new url? I don't even get a response from info.uniden.com. I also tried the Downloads page on www.uniden.com and nothing displays in the Downloads window, even though the Downloads page shows.

It appears that all the available firmware revisions and uploader programs are in this group's file section. However, I thought it would be good to review Uniden's pages on firmware updates so I don't overlook anything.

Bob

Jim G

Hi Bob,
I suggest you try the links below again. I just tried and both are working just fine using my Firefox browser.
They both take you to the same web page so either of them will do the job.
Hope this works for you.
Jim G.
Georgia - USA

I'm getting another BC796D next week and have been reviewing messages about firmware updating. I have seen the following links mentioned in various posts but can't get either of them to successfully load in my browser.

http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/BC796DFirmwareUpdate
http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BC796DFirmwareUpdate

Does this mean they've been removed by Uniden? Is there a new url? I don't even get a response from info.uniden.com. I also tried the Downloads page on www.uniden.com and nothing displays in the Downloads window, even though the Downloads page shows.

It appears that all the available firmware revisions and uploader programs are in this group's file section. However, I thought it would be good to review Uniden's pages on firmware updates so I don't overlook anything.

Bob

Bob Morehouse

I guess something must have been down at Uniden earlier. I had tried it with two different computers and got nothing. They do seem to be working now.