Trunking Fail

Jason Yeoman <tuxnician@...>

On occasion when scanning a trunking system (ie in Ontario Fleetnet
Motorola Type 2 Smartzone)
the scanner stops on the control channel but doesn't show any activity. It
says that it's scanning.

I've reset the scanner and reprogrammed the first bank for the Fleetnet
system but the results are the same. It's as if the scanner is set to
listen only for I-CALLS but I've confirmed that it's set to off.

It also happens to another Motorola system trunk that I monitor.

I've turned it off and on again and sometimes it will return to normal and
work properly but lately it's been not working most of the time.

When I lockout the trunking banks it works fine. I cleared out all the talk
groups and set it to search for talkgroups but doesn't find any.

The signal to the scanner is very strong and I've tried different towers
but the results are the same.

I keep hitting scan and it will stop on a non-control channel (such as an
active voice channel) and just stops on that channel.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Jason

d2toma <d2toma@...>

i wish i knew half about this digital programming.its so complicated.