Totally and Completely Frustrated...!

w6bts

Hi Everyone,

Okay, I've been trying to get this scanner to program into my area, San Diego County, for over a year now. After paying for access on some file download site that I've since forgotten what and where it is, I've purchased the ARC 996Pro package and the Radio Reference site. The short of it is, IT DON'T WORK…!

In all my years in HAM Radio, military and commercial communications, all the different and varied scanners I've owned and still do I have never had a device that was so user UN-friendly as this 996T is. Please don't yell, if you have found it easy and performing well for you then great and more power to ya but I'm done with it.

Here's what I'd like to do, I have the box and most if not all of the original bits and pieces that came with it new, I would like to trade straight across the board for a Uniden BC796d in the same condition as my BCD996T. If you're in Southern California, all the better.

I own two of the 796d's, they are easy to run and program and have never given anywhere near the stress that the 996T has. They interface with ease to every PC and Laptop I own and I even run one in my car using a Laptop as the display, perfect.

In any event, if there are any takers for my offer you may contact me via this group or directly at, W6BTS@...

Thanks for reading and 73,

Dave
W6BTS

w6bts

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have the files for San Diego County LE and related, Public Service files for San Diego County and Municipalities?

I would like to get this scanner working but can't seem to find the correct files.

Thanks for reading and 73,

Dave
W6BTS

Mark Levine, D.C.

Learn how to program it. All the information you need is on rr

Does anyone have the files for San Diego County LE and related, Public Service files for San Diego County and Municipalities?

I would like to get this scanner working but can't seem to find the correct files.

Thanks for reading and 73,

Dave
W6BTS

w6bts

Gosh doc, never thought of that...  Thanks