Talk Group Priority

Jason Yeoman <tuxnician@...>

I've searched through the manual but can't seem to find a way to remove the
priority setting for a talkgroup. I've held down the pri button for
several seconds hoping it would disable the priority but no luck.

Joe M.

Is it in the menu?

Joe M.

Jason Yeoman wrote:

I've searched through the manual but can't seem to find a way to remove the
priority setting for a talkgroup. I've held down the pri button for
several seconds hoping it would disable the priority but no luck.

Jason Yeoman <tuxnician@...>

It's not. I'll probably have to use the software to remove it but you
would think it would be easy to disable.

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM, MCH <mch@...> wrote:

**

Is it in the menu?

Joe M.

Jason Yeoman wrote:
I've searched through the manual but can't seem to find a way to remove
the
priority setting for a talkgroup. I've held down the pri button for
several seconds hoping it would disable the priority but no luck.

davidmc36

The only thing you can do is change which TG is the priority one. You must always have a priority TG in each trunk bank and a priority channel in each conventional bank.

To change the TG or channel, hold on some other TG or channel and press and hold PRI for two seconds. The held channel/TG becomes the new Priority item.

Manual Pg. 44 for channels, Pg. 47 for TG's