Scanning Question

kc9vfq@...

Can anyone tell me why when a transmission starts to come across my scanner, The scanner will start to scan again before the conversation is ended? I don't ever hear the whole transmission before it starts scanning again. Even does it on STRONG local signals.

Joe M.

I forget if the 796 had "negative delays", but if it does it sounds like you have that set on those channels. Negative delays will only stay on a channel for the specified amount of time, then will move on.

Joe M.

On 09.11.2013 22:17, kc9vfq@... wrote:

Can anyone tell me why when a transmission starts to come across my scanner, The scanner will start to scan again before the conversation is ended? I don't ever hear the whole transmission before it starts scanning again. Even does it on STRONG local signals.

kc9vfq@...

Yes the 796D does have the negative delays
1
2
4
Inf.
-2
-5
-10
I reprogrammed it to 4 it was on -10 seems like its still cutting the traffic off after readjusting the delay. The manual doesn't really say much about the delay feature