From: firelteng7
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 10:52 AM
To: BC796D@...
Subject: [BC796D] 796D rebanding programming help

I have the 796D. I believe I have installed all firmware updates to date (Aug 2010). I am having a heck of a time understanding how to program in the NORTHWEST CENTRAL (Illinois) P-25 800 system with the rebanding configuration. I thought I was doing it correct but the scanner is still not receiving all transmissions (missing most). The freq's are correct and I have the configuration tables.

What am I doing wrong??? Can someone please help????

Thank you!

James B Evans Sr <jevans09@...>

John, I would like receive your word doc, and I appreciate the offer.

Thank you so much!
----------------------------------

On Sep 9, 2010, at 5:04 PM, "W1JCW" <w1jcw@...> wrote:

I can send you a word doc I created when I upgraded my firmware and set the banding parameters

Are you interested ??

You need to confirm the firmware is upgraded in the scanner.

Then manually set up the parameters of the new banded banks.

Its not real clear that you need to do this and some think the firmware upgrade does this..It does NOT.

John

I have the 796D. I believe I have installed all firmware updates to date (Aug 2010). I am having a heck of a time understanding how to program in the NORTHWEST CENTRAL (Illinois) P-25 800 system with the rebanding configuration. I thought I was doing it correct but the scanner is still not receiving all transmissions (missing most). The freq's are correct and I have the configuration tables.

What am I doing wrong??? Can someone please help????

Thank you!

Joe M.

Better yet - upload it to the FILES section
of the group so others can benefit as well.

Joe M.

From: firelteng7 Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 10:52 AM
To: BC796D@... Subject: [BC796D] 796D rebanding programming help

I have the 796D. I believe I have installed all firmware updates to date (Aug 2010). I am having a heck of a time understanding how to program in the NORTHWEST CENTRAL (Illinois) P-25 800 system with the rebanding configuration. I thought I was doing it correct but the scanner is still not receiving all transmissions (missing most). The freq's are correct and I have the configuration tables.

What am I doing wrong??? Can someone please help????

Thank you!

R. Keske

That would be great if the file was shared, I have a BC796D but was unaware that
there was a firmware update, does anyone have a version Nnumber for it?
Thanks

________________________________

I have the 796D. I believe I have installed all firmware updates to date (Aug
2010). I am having a heck of a time understanding how to program in the
NORTHWEST CENTRAL (Illinois) P-25 800 system with the rebanding configuration. I
thought I was doing it correct but the scanner is still not receiving all
transmissions (missing most). The freq's are correct and I have the
configuration tables.

What am I doing wrong??? Can someone please help????

Thank you!

03:33:00

W1JCW <w1jcw@...>

Okay I will check that option out as well.

John

I have the 796D. I believe I have installed all firmware updates to date (Aug 2010). I am having a heck of a time understanding how to program in the NORTHWEST CENTRAL (Illinois) P-25 800 system with the rebanding configuration. I thought I was doing it correct but the scanner is still not receiving all transmissions (missing most). The freq's are correct and I have the configuration tables.

What am I doing wrong??? Can someone please help????

Thank you!

W1JCW <w1jcw@...>

The file is posted on the reflector.

If you have any questions, email me here.

I will send the doc to your personal email.

It states at the top the key strokes on the scanner face you can initiate to see the version firmware you currently have.
Note the key stroke to put the scanner into accept mode for upgrade, that was not clear in the program when I viewed it.

Good luck, it's simple once you get all the specific aspects clear.

73-
W1JCW
John

That would be great if the file was shared, I have a BC796D but was unaware that
there was a firmware update, does anyone have a version Nnumber for it?
Thanks

R. Keske

Thanks for the info, I thought that this scanner would be re banding obsolete
thank goodness uniden changed their mind!

That would be great if the file was shared, I have a BC796D but was unaware that

there was a firmware update, does anyone have a version Nnumber for it?
Thanks

W1JCW <w1jcw@...>

I think the 795 is rock bound but at least the firmware update works for the 796.

I still have a pro2005, its wide open and keep it for that reason.

Lots of advancements is scanners.

Talk to you later.
John