From: Gene <geneth@...>
To: BC796D@...
Sent: Tue, November 23, 2010 7:17:37 AM
Subject: [BC796D] Rebanding programming

Could someone please fill me in on the need or benefit of rebanding programming
of the 796D

Thanks

Joe M.

You will need it if you want to monitor rebanded trunk systems. This only applies to Analog (P16) Motorola trunk systems that are (or were) in the 866-869 MHz band. Conventional, EDACS, and LTR systems that are rebanding do not need updated firmware - just reprogrammed with the new frequencies. Motorola P16 trunks need a new bandplan which is not in the scanner's firmware without the update.

Joe M.