Programming Question

Illinois Skywarn Spotter <kc9vfq@...>

Good evening y'all,
Thanks for accepting me in the group. My name is Donnie, I live in Terre Haute, IN.
I just bought my 796D the evening before last and seems like i'm doing something wrong during programing. I'm using the ARC250 Basic Software but seems like when i try to program the Hoosier Safe-T system & the Illinois Starcom 21 system the scanner isn't taking the programing it shows the frequencys on the radio but is not broadcasting it. It does have the APCO P25 card installed. Anyone have any suggestions or hints to what i could be doing wrong? it receives analog great.

Thanks Donnie.

OH! P.S.
I used the Radio Reference Web service feature to get the frequencys & ID's

Glenn (Butch) Kanvick

Hello Donnie.
You might want to go to Uniden and get a firmware update, then it should
work better.
Some systems they did have a problem with the digital and trunking so they
made a firmware update to take care of the problem.

I know I had to do it for my BC796D.

Hope this helps, Butch, KE7FEL/R

Happy Easter everyone.

**

--
Glenn (Butch) Kanvick
KE7FEL/R

Joe M.

In the case of those specific systems, I believe both are of the type that changed due to the FCC-mandated rebanding, so the latest firmware for the 796 is required along with the custom tables for rebanded systems.

Joe M.

Glenn (Butch) Kanvick wrote:

Hello Donnie.
You might want to go to Uniden and get a firmware update, then it should
work better.
Some systems they did have a problem with the digital and trunking so they
made a firmware update to take care of the problem.
I know I had to do it for my BC796D.
Hope this helps, Butch, KE7FEL/R
Happy Easter everyone.
On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Illinois Skywarn Spotter
<kc9vfq@...>wrote:

**

Good evening y'all,
Thanks for accepting me in the group. My name is Donnie, I live in Terre
Haute, IN.
I just bought my 796D the evening before last and seems like i'm doing
something wrong during programing. I'm using the ARC250 Basic Software but
seems like when i try to program the Hoosier Safe-T system & the Illinois
Starcom 21 system the scanner isn't taking the programing it shows the
frequencys on the radio but is not broadcasting it. It does have the APCO
P25 card installed. Anyone have any suggestions or hints to what i could be
doing wrong? it receives analog great.

Thanks Donnie.

OH! P.S.
I used the Radio Reference Web service feature to get the frequencys &
ID's

Donnie Barlow <kc9vfq@...>

Thanks,
I did that already. I'm out of ideas LOL. my 1st digital scanner ever.

Donnie - KC9VFQ

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 5:54 PM, Glenn (Butch) Kanvick <hotlrv1@...>wrote:

**

Hello Donnie.
You might want to go to Uniden and get a firmware update, then it should
work better.
Some systems they did have a problem with the digital and trunking so they
made a firmware update to take care of the problem.

I know I had to do it for my BC796D.

Hope this helps, Butch, KE7FEL/R

Happy Easter everyone.

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Illinois Skywarn Spotter
<kc9vfq@...>wrote:

**

[...]

kc9vfq@...

R. Keske

Things I would check that just come to mind, what your signal level is from one of the systems your trying to monitor, lock onto the control channel and check the level indicator on your scanner. Next check your trunk settings and make sure your on Motorola not Edacs. Last check the setting for modulation in the software is set to Digital or Auto and not analog. I have this radio and software but haven't had to use (SW) lately. If you want to send me a copy of your programmed file I could check it for mistakes.

Ray

scosgt

Did you enter the custom tables?
I am not sure that ARC250 will work properly with that scanner. I use Proscan.

I did that already. I'm out of ideas LOL. my 1st digital scanner ever.

Donnie - KC9VFQ

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 5:54 PM, Glenn (Butch) Kanvick <hotlrv1@...>wrote:

**

Hello Donnie.
You might want to go to Uniden and get a firmware update, then it should
work better.
Some systems they did have a problem with the digital and trunking so they
made a firmware update to take care of the problem.

I know I had to do it for my BC796D.

Hope this helps, Butch, KE7FEL/R

Happy Easter everyone.

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Illinois Skywarn Spotter
<kc9vfq@...>wrote:

**

[...]

The ARC Software has been updated for rebounding.

Jim Stein

ARC250 works fine with the 796D - been using it for years!

________________________________
I am not sure that ARC250 will work properly with that scanner. I use Proscan.

I did that already. I'm out of ideas LOL. my 1st digital scanner ever.

Donnie - KC9VFQ

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 5:54 PM, Glenn (Butch) Kanvick <mailto:hotlrv1%40gmail.com>wrote:

**

Hello Donnie.
You might want to go to Uniden and get a firmware update, then it should
work better.
Some systems they did have a problem with the digital and trunking so they
made a firmware update to take care of the problem.

I know I had to do it for my BC796D.

Hope this helps, Butch, KE7FEL/R

Happy Easter everyone.

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Illinois Skywarn Spotter
<mailto:kc9vfq%40gmail.com>wrote:

**

[...]

mailto:kc9vfq%40arrl.net

Jim G

I'll second that! ARC250 works great!
Jim G.
Georgia - USA

From: "scosgt@..." <scosgt@...>
To: BC796D@... Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2013 5:47 PM
[...]

Shows Firmware Version 3.60 when holding 2,4 and 9 during power up and the
software under the Help / About Tab shows 1.23.1

**

Jim Stein wrote:
ARC250 works fine with the 796D - been using it for years!

________________________________
I am not sure that ARC250 will work properly with that scanner. I use
Proscan.

I did that already. I'm out of ideas LOL. my 1st digital scanner ever.

Donnie - KC9VFQ

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 5:54 PM, Glenn (Butch) Kanvick <mailto:
hotlrv1%40gmail.com>wrote:

**

[...]

I will recheck the SW version tonight as well.

Ray

Jim Stein

Yes on rebanded systems. 99% of all public service in my area is APCO 25 didital and ARC250 programs that with no problem.

[...]

OK. I phrased the question poorly.

P25 systems, even rebanded ones, will work fine even on the original firmware since P25 rebanded systems do not require custom tables.

The essence of my question was, and should have been worded, if you are using it on any systems that require custom tables, such as rebanded P16 systems like those the OP was asking about.

Joe M.

From: "mailto:scosgt%40aol.commailto:scosgt%40aol.com>
To: mailto:BC796D%40yahoogroups.com Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2013 5:47 PM

[...]

Jim Dunn <dunnjimt@...>

I am at creating the custom table part but for some reason I am having a hard time figuring out how to create them following the directions. Does anyone have a better step by step instruction?

Thanks, Jim