From: Missy
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2013 2:30 AM
Subject: [BC796D] help me please

i have a question. this is a complicated scanner and it needs programmed. somehow all memory was erased and i have a blank scanner. PLEASE HELP. dont want hubby mad at me
melissa

Missy

is there a place to download the software

--- In BC796D@..., "W1JCW" <w1jcw@...> wrote:

Easiest way is to have the programming software.

If you want to ship it to me I can program what you like.

John

i have a question. this is a complicated scanner and it needs programmed. somehow all memory was erased and i have a blank scanner. PLEASE HELP. dont want hubby mad at me
melissa

capt_clint <capt_clint@...>

http://www.butel.nl/products/bc785/bc250index.html
This will allow you to type info, which is easier than trying to enter it in the scanner, and then upload the data to the scanner. However, you may need a USB adapter, as it only comes with RS232 cable. Since you say you lost everything, an even easier option is to become a http://www.radioreference.com/apps/subscription paid subscriber to this site to get the automatic down loads, but this is also very reasonable($7.5 for 3 months). This can save you countless hours of programming and frustration. You can review all the data you may want to download by clicking on your state and county here: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/