Problems recording using BC796D and Butel

Alan Henney (N3LGE)

I'm using a registered copy of Butel's software (V1.23.01-PRO) to program a BC796D.

My goal is to get it to record on a scanner using the RecAll software from sagebrush.com. It works great with my BCD996T.

But with the BC796D, I keep having troubles....

I check the "Record" box for each trunked system, then I go into the ID Lists and toggle on the "Record" field for each talkgroup.

I program the data back into the scanner. But at some point, the data appears to get lost. I read it back, and it's either missing or changed. Sometimes the radio appears to retain the data and records briefly, only to stop sending the recording audio completely moments later.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alan

scosgt

Get Proscan. It works for programming and recording.

In a message dated 10/6/2010 4:22:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, mch@...
writes:

Does it 'stick' if you set it manually?

Joe M.

ahenney wrote:
I'm using a registered copy of Butel's software (V1.23.01-PRO) to
program a BC796D.

My goal is to get it to record on a scanner using the RecAll software
from sagebrush.com. It works great with my BCD996T.

But with the BC796D, I keep having troubles....

I check the "Record" box for each trunked system, then I go into the ID
Lists and toggle on the "Record" field for each talkgroup.

I program the data back into the scanner. But at some point, the data
appears to get lost. I read it back, and it's either missing or changed.
Sometimes the radio appears to retain the data and records briefly, only to
stop sending the recording audio completely moments later.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alan

03:33:00

Joe M.

ahenney wrote:

I'm using a registered copy of Butel's software (V1.23.01-PRO) to program a BC796D.
My goal is to get it to record on a scanner using the RecAll software from sagebrush.com. It works great with my BCD996T.
But with the BC796D, I keep having troubles....
I check the "Record" box for each trunked system, then I go into the ID Lists and toggle on the "Record" field for each talkgroup.
I program the data back into the scanner. But at some point, the data appears to get lost. I read it back, and it's either missing or changed. Sometimes the radio appears to retain the data and records briefly, only to stop sending the recording audio completely moments later.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Alan

arcsoftware <arcsoftware@...>

In ARC250 select Setup _ Software Options. Click Trunk tab and tick 'read/send Record from trunk id's'

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com