Help on programming software!

Jeffrey <n9mxtham@...>

Hello All,
Well, along with my PRO-197 and my BC396T I am stilling using this BC796D in the mobile. I was using ARC250 but was told it doesn't support rebanding. Anyways, was wondering what other software that is on the market and still supports the BC796D? I read alot of bad things about Scancat, I downloaded BCTOOL but I guess it doesn't support the BC796D at all. Want something I can edit and program this scanner but not spend a huge amount on money on, since its like 7 years old now!

Thanks

Jeffrey

Kevin Fitzsimmons <dispatcher812@...>

Jeff, Not sure what you mean but not supporting rebanding. I programmed my
796D with several rebanded frequencies using that software. You just have
to reband the scanner. Kevin

**

--
See my pictures at : www.fitzsimmonsphotography.smugmug.com/
Visit my Railroad photography blog:

Dave <afdltret@...>

Go to this link and it is the downloads to upgrade the firmware so that the 796D will be able to follow re-banded 800mhz systems.

http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BC796DFirmwareUpdate

Then upgrade to the latest version of Arc250 Version 1.5. It supports re-banding.
There does not appear to be any free software that supports the BC796D that does what you want.

Dave

On 11/1/2012 09:08, Jeffrey wrote:
Hello All,
Well, along with my PRO-197 and my BC396T I am stilling using this BC796D in the mobile. I was using ARC250 but was told it doesn't support rebanding. Anyways, was wondering what other software that is on the market and still supports the BC796D? I read alot of bad things about Scancat, I downloaded BCTOOL but I guess it doesn't support the BC796D at all. Want something I can edit and program this scanner but not spend a huge amount on money on, since its like 7 years old now!

Thanks

Jeffrey

Jeffrey <n9mxtham@...>

Thanks for the info... I have been on firmware 3.6 and that doesn't seem to
be an issue. Just want too know what the best is out there for programming
this thing. Been using Butel ARC software for my 396, and my PRO-197. Was
also using it for the 796D but KEY is gone and I got it with the software.
So, lost it now and have no knowledge of the guy I got it from years ago.

**