Display Screen

w6bts

Hi All,

Does anyone have a restore trick for the display?

Mine has finally faded into the oblivion, the backlight is fine just no segment contrast.
It started several months ago but for some reason after a two-week trip the Grand Canyon it actually returned to full contrast for about five months, guess that was it's dieing breath.

In any event baring a solid repair I suppose I'll be looking for a working replacement screen. So if you happen to have one or know where one can be had I'd appreciate a note or contact info.

Tks,

DS

W1JCW <w1jcw@...>

Difficult to resolve as the item is old and Uniden probably doesn't service it.

Keep calling and emailing them too. I reached them last year about a branding question.

You've done what I would have. Could be a failing main board which wouldnt be worth it.

Good luck.

John

Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:57 PM
To: BC796D@...
Subject: [BC796D] Display Screen

Hi All,

Mine has finally faded into the oblivion, the backlight is fine just no segment contrast.
It started several months ago but for some reason after a two-week trip the Grand Canyon it actually returned to full contrast for about five months, guess that was it's dieing breath.

In any event baring a solid repair I suppose I'll be looking for a working replacement screen. So if you happen to have one or know where one can be had I'd appreciate a note or contact info.

Tks,

DS

buckt070@...

If I may suggest looking on the web
For a place in New York called G&G communications to see if its something that he can fix or you can call him at 585-768-8151 He's fixed several older unit for me with very good success

Good luck
Jim
Sent from my iPhone of JT

On Feb 20, 2013, at 6:34 PM, "W1JCW" <w1jcw@...> wrote:

Keep calling and emailing them too. I reached them last year about a branding question.

You've done what I would have. Could be a failing main board which wouldnt be worth it.

Good luck.

John

Hi All,

Tks,

DS

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Richard

sounds like you have a cold solder joint, easy fix for someone that knows how to solder.

--- On Fri, 2/22/13, buckt070@... <buckt070@...> wrote:

Subject: Re: [BC796D] Display Screen
To: "BC796D@..." <BC796D@...>
Received: Friday, February 22, 2013, 5:43 PM

If I may suggest looking on the web
For a place in New York called G&G communications to see if its something that he can fix  or you can call him at 585-768-8151 He's fixed several older unit for me with very good success

Good luck
Jim
Sent from my iPhone of JT

On Feb 20, 2013, at 6:34 PM, "W1JCW" <w1jcw@...> wrote:

Good luck.

John

Hi All,

Tks,

DS

------------------------------------

Files page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BC796D/files/

Yahoo! Groups Links