From: "orrinpaul" <orrinpaul@...>
To: <BC796D@...>
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2010 3:28 PM
Subject: [BC796D] 796d upgrade

Hi;
I'm trying to upgrade my 796d. I've given up trying to get usb to serial port to work,in win98 and vista. I'm now working on my old computer with a serial port.
I can now access the Uniden Software However when I try to start the upgrade to repair the card error problem,the program tells me to first remove the battery. I believe this is in reference to the 296d. Anyhow I have unplugged the power adapter,as well as just turning the radio off. The next step is to hold #6 and l/o. This is where I'm stuck,when I do this step the radio turns on instead of going to a blank screen.
Any help will be appreciated.
orrinpaul

orrinpaul82@...

Tried as suggested,thought I had tried it this way before but was not sure if I tried unplugging the adapter with the radio on. Anyhow same result the radio comes back on. I know the buttons are pushed. I feel them click when I push them in and when I release them.

Unplug the power cord while the unit is on,

hold L/O and 6

While holding, plug in the power cord

blank screen do the update

I'm trying to upgrade my 796d. I've given up trying to get usb to serial
port to work,in win98 and vista. I'm now working on my old computer with a
serial port.
I can now access the Uniden Software However when I try to start the
upgrade to repair the card error problem,the program tells me to first
remove the battery. I believe this is in reference to the 296d. Anyhow I
have unplugged the power adapter,as well as just turning the radio off.
The next step is to hold #6 and l/o. This is where I'm stuck,when I do
this step the radio turns on instead of going to a blank screen.
Any help will be appreciated.
orrinpaul

W1JCW <w1jcw@...>

I emailed you a word doc as I have with other direct to your email.

It has all the instructions in there.

Did you receive it ??

John

Tried as suggested,thought I had tried it this way before but was not sure if I tried unplugging the adapter with the radio on. Anyhow same result the radio comes back on. I know the buttons are pushed. I feel them click when I push them in and when I release them.

James B Evans Sr <jevans09@...>

Yes, John I did receive it. Thanks very much.

Jim