From: Joe T.
To: bc796d@...
Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2014 8:40 PM
Subject: [BC796D] 796d Adding a new system.

I must be getting old because I can’t figure out how to add a new  system to my scanner.  The county I live in Ottawa County Ohio just added a P25 CQSPK phase 1 simulcast system. Frequencies are: 854.2125, 854.3625, 855.3875, 857.425, 857.725, and 859.775. I tried loading it using ARC250 and the Radio Reference data base. While scanning it will stop on the data channel and the display flashes between DAT and NFM but never receives anything. I admit I’ve never had to do much programming since most stuff here has been conventional or an EDACS system. Rebanding for the Ohio MARCS was not a problem which I did months ago. If its  a rebanding issue I thought that using ARC250 and the RR database would take care of it?

Using ARC96 and the RRDB with a Pro-96 works like a charm but this one is giving me grey hair and the wife is nagging she can hear anything on the 796d. Thanks for any help.

Joe T.

Attached is from my bank 8 that has Ottawa County on it. Can I ask a question? I noticed I can’t hear the data noise when sitting on the control channel like I can on other trunked systems. I can do a service search and while going through the 800’s it will stop on lots of data channels and I can hear the data noise but when it stops on this systems data channel (855.3875) there is no noise. It stops and displays 5 bars but no noise even with the squelch opened all the way. Does this seem weird? Thank you for your time.

Can you post up the file so I can take a look at it in ARC.