From: "Dan Riley" <n2ear@...>
To: <BC796D@...>
Sent: Thursday, September 08, 2011 5:40 PM
Subject: [BC796D] New Man on Board with Questions.

Hi Group,

I have three (3) Uniden BC796Ds. I am not happy with any of them. I
thought this scanner would be a good addition to my radio arsenal.
Evidently, I was wrong. I know Uniden makes a good scanner but I had
no idea how much trouble they would be.

Only one of these radios works the way it should. Even then, it gives
me a noisy static burst when a P25 signal comes through. It annoys me
very much. The audio quality is sometimes garbled when a signal comes
in. I know there is an audio adjustment but the manual is useless in
instructing me on how to improve it.

The other two 796Ds just sit there scanning away and not pick up a
P25 signal. The Palm Beach County radio system is a trunked system.
The county's system is analoged trunk. The particular city I live in
is Delray Beach, Florida and the police and fire/rescue departments
are digital. When I press HOLD on a specific frequency and a signal
comes up on it, the scanner will pick it up very nicely. When I press
SCAN, it just sits there like a bump on a log.

I had these radios programmed with PROSCAN, one of the better scanner
programs out there on the market today. I have read both the 796D
manual and PROSCAN instructions and both of them are like trying to
read a Chinese newspaper.

Is there anyone in this group who knows these scanners well and can
help me figure out what I can do to fix the problems I'm having with
them? I'd be very interested in hearing what to do to remedy my situation.

Thanks in advance!

Dan Riley

Join BC296D@Uniden.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.