Old/New User...

Lisa Andre

Hey folks....  I bought a BC246 back in 2007.  I haven't used it in a long time and I have moved.  Has much changed that I should know about before I try and figure out how it works - again?  TIA

Joe M.

In the past 13 years no doubt many have switched to digital systems.

Joe M.

On 2/16/2020 10:51 PM, Lisa Andre wrote:
Hey folks.... I bought a BC246 back in 2007. I haven't used it in a
long time and I have moved. Has much changed that I should know about
before I try and figure out how it works - again? TIA

robertwichert

The big change, other than digital, is “rebranding”. ARC246 will take care of that for you. Their website explains it. So does Radio Reference.

Shoot back questions.

Robert P. Wichert P.Eng.
LEED AP BD&C
HERS I & HERS II
CEPE & CEA RES & NON-RES
+1 916 966 9060
FAX +1 916 966 9068

On Feb 16, 2020, at 9:03 PM, Joe M. <mch@nb.net> wrote:

In the past 13 years no doubt many have switched to digital systems.

Joe M.

On 2/16/2020 10:51 PM, Lisa Andre wrote:
Hey folks.... I bought a BC246 back in 2007. I haven't used it in a
long time and I have moved. Has much changed that I should know about
before I try and figure out how it works - again? TIA

Lisa Andre

Ah, that makes sense.... What can I do with the old one?

Lisa.

On Feb 17, 2020, at 12:03 AM, Joe M. <mch@nb.net> wrote:

In the past 13 years no doubt many have switched to digital systems.

Joe M.

On 2/16/2020 10:51 PM, Lisa Andre wrote:
Hey folks.... I bought a BC246 back in 2007. I haven't used it in a
long time and I have moved. Has much changed that I should know about
before I try and figure out how it works - again? TIA

Joe M.

There may still be users that are compatible with your scanner. Try it.

Joe M.

On 2/17/2020 8:33 AM, Lisa Andre wrote:
Ah, that makes sense.... What can I do with the old one?

Lisa.
On Feb 17, 2020, at 12:03 AM, Joe M. <mch@nb.net> wrote:

In the past 13 years no doubt many have switched to digital systems.

Joe M.

On 2/16/2020 10:51 PM, Lisa Andre wrote:
Hey folks.... I bought a BC246 back in 2007. I haven't used it in a
long time and I have moved. Has much changed that I should know about
before I try and figure out how it works - again? TIA

Lisa Andre

Users?

On Feb 17, 2020, at 11:19 AM, Joe M. <mch@nb.net> wrote:

There may still be users that are compatible with your scanner. Try it.

Joe M.

On 2/17/2020 8:33 AM, Lisa Andre wrote:
Ah, that makes sense.... What can I do with the old one?

Lisa.
On Feb 17, 2020, at 12:03 AM, Joe M. <mch@nb.net> wrote:

In the past 13 years no doubt many have switched to digital systems.

Joe M.

On 2/16/2020 10:51 PM, Lisa Andre wrote:
Hey folks.... I bought a BC246 back in 2007. I haven't used it in a
long time and I have moved. Has much changed that I should know about
before I try and figure out how it works - again? TIA

Lisa Andre

Users?

Joe M.

People who use radios. Not everyone switched to digital.

Joe M.

On 2/17/2020 1:36 PM, Lisa Andre wrote:
Users?

On Feb 17, 2020, at 11:19 AM, Joe M. <mch@nb.net> wrote:

There may still be users that are compatible with your scanner. Try it.

Joe M.

On 2/17/2020 8:33 AM, Lisa Andre wrote:
Ah, that makes sense.... What can I do with the old one?

Lisa.
On Feb 17, 2020, at 12:03 AM, Joe M. <mch@nb.net> wrote:

In the past 13 years no doubt many have switched to digital systems.

Joe M.

On 2/16/2020 10:51 PM, Lisa Andre wrote:
Hey folks.... I bought a BC246 back in 2007. I haven't used it in a
long time and I have moved. Has much changed that I should know about
before I try and figure out how it works - again? TIA

Marty Toomajian

I think he means public service agencies that still use the type of trunked systems that this scanner can follow.

But that was the original poster's question.  I'd like to know the answer too. I have one of these radios.

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020, 2:15 PM Lisa Andre <landre1020@...> wrote:
Users?

> On Feb 17, 2020, at 11:19 AM, Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:
>
> There may still be users that are compatible with your scanner. Try it.
>
> Joe M.
>
> On 2/17/2020 8:33 AM, Lisa Andre wrote:
>> Ah, that makes sense....  What can I do with the old one?
>>
>> Lisa.
>>> On Feb 17, 2020, at 12:03 AM, Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:
>>>
>>> In the past 13 years no doubt many have switched to digital systems.
>>>
>>> Joe M.

Joe M.

Public safety, Business, Industrial, or any other radio users.

The only ones that have not switched to digital at all are Aircraft, Marine, FRS, GMRS, and CB. (actually I have heard digital on GMRS, but it's not legal there)

Joe M.

<mailto:mch@nb.net>> wrote:

>>> In the past 13 years no doubt many have switched to digital
systems.

>>> Joe M.

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Lisa Andre

Ah, right.

Lisa.

On Feb 17, 2020, at 2:17 PM, Joe M. <mch@nb.net> wrote:

[...]

It's not digital at least not completely in the boondocks where I live.  But I'm out of the loop.  I hear volunteer firemen dispatched in the clear.

Rensselaer county,  NY!

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020, 2:31 PM Joe M. <mch@...> wrote:
Public safety, Business, Industrial, or any other radio users.

The only ones that have not switched to digital at all are Aircraft,
Marine, FRS, GMRS, and CB. (actually I have heard digital on GMRS, but
it's not legal there)

Joe M.

On 2/17/2020 2:19 PM, Marty Toomajian wrote:
> I think he means public service agencies that still use the type of
> trunked systems that this scanner can follow.
>
> But that was the original poster's question.  I'd like to know the
> answer too. I have one of these radios.
>
> On Mon, Feb 17, 2020, 2:15 PM Lisa Andre <landre1020@...
> <mailto:landre1020@...>> wrote:
>
>     Users?
>

>      > On Feb 17, 2020, at 11:19 AM, Joe M. <mch@...
>     <mailto:mch@...>> wrote:
>      >
>      > There may still be users that are compatible with your scanner.
>     Try it.
>      >
>      > Joe M.
>      >
>      > On 2/17/2020 8:33 AM, Lisa Andre wrote:
>      >> Ah, that makes sense....  What can I do with the old one?
>      >>
>      >> Lisa.
>      >>> On Feb 17, 2020, at 12:03 AM, Joe M. <mch@...
>     <mailto:mch@...>> wrote:
>      >>>
>      >>> In the past 13 years no doubt many have switched to digital
>     systems.
>      >>>
>      >>> Joe M.
>      >>>
>      >>>> On 2/16/2020 10:51 PM, Lisa Andre wrote:
>      >>>> Hey folks....  I bought a BC246 back in 2007.  I haven't used
>     it in a
>      >>>> long time and I have moved.  Has much changed that I should
>     know about
>      >>>> before I try and figure out how it works - again?  TIA
>      >>>
>      >>>
>      >>>
>      >>
>      >>
>      >>
>      >
>      >
>      >

robertwichert

I still get trucked and even VHF in Sacramento California.

Robert P. Wichert P.Eng.
LEED AP BD&C
HERS I & HERS II
CEPE & CEA RES & NON-RES